Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Obama and Ayers. Radicals





Strangely enough, on another blog, it has been suggested that there is hardly any connection between the admitted and proud terrorist William Ayers. I didn't bother answering. But that's not what bothered me the most. This person is an undecided voter, and believes we shouldn't be asking these kinds of questions about Senator Obama.

That bothered me.

I am a Christian who has investigated my own religion to the point that I do not accept certain modern Christian doctrines (such as a the belief in an eternal Hell). I didn't arrive by that conclusion without extensive research, checking the facts, and going where that leads me. Asking questions is fundamental in coming to the truth.

I used the same sort of diligence in deciding if Senator Obama is the kind of guy I can vote for. I had to admit, before the Democratic primaries, I knew a little about him, but not very much. I am a person that believes we are not who we say we are. We are our actions. Our willful actions are the best indicator of who we are.

Well, I discovered that Senator Obama surrounded himself with the kind of people I would never consider being associated with. Bill Ayers is one of them.

Let me ask you something?
If you heard I was working closely with Charles Manson, what would you think?
What if I served on boards with him, spoke at the same events, and worked with him to raise money for education? What if he had a party at his ranch to kick off my political career? What if my wife invited him to speak at the same events that she asks me to speak at?
"I was barely 4 years old when he ordered those murders" I tell you. "He was a guy in my neighborhood" I protest. "I detest the actions of Charles Manson and strongly condemn them"
But yet, even though Charlie never said he was sorry for ordering those murder, and in fact, told us he wished he had done more, I still managed to find myself working closely with him to reform education.

What would you say if everyone around you said we shouldn't keep asking questions. It's been asked before, time to drop it.
Scary stuff.

In 1995 Ayers -- whose stated educational objective is to "teach against oppression" as embodied in "America's history of evil and racism, thereby forcing social transformation" -- founded a "school reform organization" called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC). He appointed Obama as the group's first chairman. This appointment is Obama's only real executive experience, yet he never mentioned it in any of his writings, anywhere. CAC translated Mr. Ayers's radicalism into practice. Instead of funding schools directly, it required schools to affiliate with "external partners," which actually got the money. Have a read of Bill Ayer's writing in "City Kids, City Teachers", where Bill Ayers wrote that teachers should be community organizers dedicated to provoking resistance to American racism and oppression. His preferred alternative? "I'm a radical, Leftist, small 'c' communist,".

Senator Obama was the executive that pushed Bill Ayers radicalism down students throats using the external partnership funding process that denied funding for schools that did not follow Bill Ayer's principles. CAC archives demonstrate Obama and Ayers worked as a team to further the foundation's agenda. Obama was in charge of fiscal matters, while Ayers' position was more concerned with shaping educational policy.

Yet Obama never mentions any of this, ever, anywhere.

His association with Bill Ayers is real. This is who we are about to elect. Bury your head, or go out and question things, follow the trail. If you are relying on the media, you are being foolish. They are in the tank for Senator Obama.

No comments: