Wednesday, November 26, 2008
One Billion seconds ago it was 1977, and disco ruled.
One Trillion seconds ago, it was the year 29,680 BC and Europeans lived in caves.
One trillion dollar bills stacked on top of each other would stack 67,000 miles hig.....One fourth of the way to the moon!
How big is a Trillion dollar deficit?
People have taken the rally on Wall Street after Timothy Geithner's name being mentioned as Obama's Treasury Secretary to be a good thing.
Simply put, this guy engineered the rescue plans for AIG and Bears Stearns.
In other words, Wall Street knows he will feed them.
He will ensure that we continue down this path.
He is all for wealth redistribution. Especially when it is money transferred from the hard working tax payer to the poorly run inefficient giant corporations.
He is involved smack dab in the middle of the largest plundering of of the US taxpayer in history. This bailout frenzy has become an addiction. Every time we do it we think we will fix something. Then out comes another hand. Fannie Mae, Citigroup, General Motors......Nothing is fixed. And not one bailout has been proven to work thus far. We are near $2 Trillion in redistributed wealth already! Our GDP is only $14 Trillion. But the Fed and Capitol Hill are all to emberrassed to admit that they are failing to fix anything, so they are driving on down a long road to economic disaster, hoping that if they stay the course, a miracle is going to happen.
Stop the car. Look at the map. Mr. Obama, please look at the map. You and President Bush agree on these things too much. Doesn't that scare you? Each new "solution" from these arrogant politicians and Beltway insiders drives this country deeper and deeper into oblivion.
What is happening today is nothing new, only the volume of money has changed. It's what Frederic Bastiat called in the 1800s 'universal legal plunder.' According to Bastiat, "the present-day delusion is an attempt to enrich everyone at the expense of everyone else; to make plunder universal under the pretense of organizing it."
But we Americans are too sheep like to do anything about it.
I think it is more than Ironic that while all of this plunder of our money has been going on, the only people out in the streets getting any media attention for protesting in the streets are the folks upset about the banning of Gay Marriage in a couple of states.
Meanwhile, in Iceland, the people are outraged at their Government. In the US, we are outraged at each other for voting to ban gay marriage.
Friday, November 14, 2008
You see, it was people like Peter Schiff and Ron Paul who follow the Austrian approach who predicted exactly what happened with our economy while everyone around them actually laughed at them.
Furthermore, Austrian economists didn't just warn of the coming bust, they offered solutions and ways to avoid the credit disaster entirely, but no one would listen to them.
I am sad to report that they are still not listening, despite the evidence all around them. Instead, they are taking steps that will ensure our economy recovers as slow as possible, introducing corporatism and corporate welfare on a scale never seen before. They are trying to remove the penalty for poor economic policy in an effort to prop up that bad policy and keep it chugging along, draining this nations economic wealth. What they are doing is removing moral hazards from the scene, ensuring that this bad business model continues.
And if President Elect Obama is wise, he will hire Peter Schiff into his administration and listen to his advice.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I stopped watching MSNBC when I saw how sexist they were towards Senator Clinton. It was obvious that they were in the tank for Obama, but I tried to give them another chance after the Primaries were concluded.
Notice the Breaking News Headline? This is from the day Governor Palin was introduced!
Headlines Beneath The Live Coverage also included "SOME WORKING MOTHERS WORRY THAT PALIN IS TAKING ON TOO MUCH" And "SOME VOTERS CONCERNED IF PALIN, A MOTHER OF FIVE, HAS TIME TO BE VP."
Needless to say, I stopped watching a couple of days into witnessing their lack of journalism.
So the election was over, I was flipping through the news channels, and decided to give MSNBC one more chance.
They are STILL obsessed with attacking the Governor. They are still gleeful to spread any rumor they can, regardless of the credibility of that rumor. That Sheister Schuster who doesn't understand the danger of political correctness enforced by the media, had a chance to interview an up and coming young Governor who everyone else seems to want to talk to but all he wants to do is try to get Governor Jindal to attack Palin for him.
I tried to watch Olberman(not forgetting his lunatic rant when he referred to the GOP as "leading terrorist group in this country" on the fifth anniversary of 9/11), but he is still hateful and sexist. I tried to watch Rachel Maddow and most of her program was an anti Palin slime.
Needless to say, I think they have forever lost a viewer.
THE ELECTION IS OVER. Don't you think it is time to stop the slime-ball campaign?
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I didn't vote for you. In fact, I specifically voted against you but you are my future president now, and I am hopeful that you will be the best president we ever had.
You work for me now. In the past you represented a few people from Illinois. Now you work for me. The challenges are great. You will inherit a fascist leaning government that has taken moves toward corporatism. You will preside over two wars, one justified and the other unjustly began by Bush, Powell, and Rumsfeld, but victory there is morally imperative now. You will have a socialist leaning congress who will block you from protecting liberty and freedom. You will have to face the threat of terrorism in a way that does not intrude on our personal liberties. You will have to deal with a major energy dilemma that affects our national security in such a way as not to further burden an already receding economy. You will be faced with an economy that has slipped, and my advice to you on that is to do little in the way of intervention and it will go away. Please do not make the same mistakes that Presidents Hoover and Roosevelt did with their government interventions, which ultimately only deepened a recession into a dark depression. We are no where near a depression. Let's learn the lessons of history.
You ARE history. You will be on the cover of many history books from this point on. Hopefully this will send a signal to all that it is time to finally end the politics of the past. There should be no more interest group politics, because the reality is that we are all Americans. There should be no more special rights for this group, or that group.
And whatever you do as President, please do not support the class warfare politics that got you to the place you are. If there was ever a time that I hoped that a president does not deliver on what he promised, that time is NOW.
Monday, November 3, 2008
From the archives of Congress:
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one, or both, of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture -- education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etcetera.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit, and eventually dismantle, the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
source = http://www.greatamericanjournal.com/archives/commiegoals.htm
What is new is the amount of money a Presidential candidate is taking in from foreign donations. It's not only just being funneled from Soros and Buffet it seems. It looks like Obama is getting all kinds of money from overseas. I'm sure they have America's interest at heart, don't they? I bet.
Despite the evidence of dirty campaign donations, crickets chirped in newsrooms across the country. The moment my Gaza story started to get some chatter on talk radio, the left and their supplicant handmaidens in the media sprang into action and created a McCain illegal campaign contribution "scandal". The Washington Post published an inaccurate allegation and then retracted not a day later, at the risk of looking stupid. They are jeopardizing the little credibility that they have left. (This was from an article at American Thinker that you should read
More links about this:
Now on top of this, we learn from the uber intelligent Michelle Malkin that Senator Obama has never planned on supporting clean coal technology either. All of those miners in the battle ground states have been lied to. Senator Obama wants to "bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.".
Listen to Senator Obama's own words. Listen to how he wants to implement a cap and trade system that's " more aggressive, than anybody else's out there".
Saturday, November 1, 2008
“The cycle starts with government intervening into the economy and imposing regulations and controls on business. This distorts the free market, leading to economic dislocations. When the problems caused by these distortions inevitably follow, everyone blames the free market and its greedy capitalists. The proposed solution? More government controls. Over the years, conservative critics of creeping government have repeatedly exposed this illogic but have always been helpless to explain why the cycle keeps repeating, decade after decade.
“The pattern keeps recurring because businessmen are willing to take the blame. From capitalism’s inception, its defenders have been morally disarmed by the widespread view that self-interest is morally suspect, and disinterested service to others is a moral ideal. So each new spate of controls has been grudgingly accepted as a fair price to pay for society’s toleration of the selfish pursuit of profit."
The other day, I heard Senator Obama say something very telling about himself. He called people who don't want to pay taxes selfish. Yet....he is a millionaire who has not bothered to give his own money to any charity until he decided it would look good while running for President. You can read what the Huffington Post reported about his low contributions here.
Senator Obama, when have you ever in your lifetime gave your own money to help with the plight of the poor? Even your "Charitable" contributions went to support Reverend Wright, or the Black Caucus.
So now you want to force everyone else to do what you didn't want to do yourself.
You seem to have your mind set on taking other people's money in the name of fairness. You say that you don't think government is the answer, but yet that is the only answer you personally accept.
I have news for you. Government regulation slowed this economy. Yaron Brooke has the following common sense anolagy;:,
“Have we learned nothing from the devastation that socialist policies wrought worldwide in the twentieth century? Government intervention distorts markets and causes economic dislocations, no matter whether Uncle Sam controls private companies by regulation or assumes public ownership outright.
“A crisis doesn’t transform poison into medicine. Over decades, government manipulation of money, credit, and mortgages poisoned this economy and left it dangerously weak. Now Hank Paulson and his comrades are hooking up IV tubes filled with more of the same poison--bailouts, loan guarantees, cheap money, and more burdensome regulations--and hoping we will lie still and trust in their cure."
The average guy on the street is not really being terribly affected for the most part yet. There are the ones that are losing their home, some more job losses. But that's not the majority. But they sense it coming. They feel it's impending doom around the corner. They know, deep inside, that all of these problems with the banks are coming into their own lives very soon. It will trickle down to them. Trickle down economics is true. Very true.